Though many people love mushrooms, some are extremely toxic. Buy Psychedelics Canada Eating the wrong type of mushroom can result in vomiting, diarrhea, cramps, kidney damage, and even death. Although a small percentage of mushrooms are toxic, they can still cause serious harm. They can also have offensive tastes and odors. Fortunately, there are a few ways to determine if a mushroom is safe to eat. Look for the volva, a bulbous growth near the base of the stem. If the volva is colored or has a ring around it, you should avoid eating it. Also, check the gills. If they are white, it is a safe mushroom. Some mushrooms are toxic, including the jack-o-lantern, false parasol, and the sulphur shelf mushroom. These mushrooms are grown on wood and are usually mistaken for chanterelles. The poison in these mushrooms is called amanitin, which can be harmful if ingested. You should never eat a mushroom if you don't know its name.
They cause symptoms that resemble the common flu and can take up to two weeks to appear.
- The deadly webcap (Cortinarius rubellus) and fool's webcap (Cortinarius orellanus) are poisonous.
- If not treated promptly, the poisoning could result in kidney failure and death. The symptoms of poisoning can be difficult to notice and a patient could even be mistaken for being ill.
- Mushrooms have been popular in Asian cultures for centuries. Many cultures rely on mushrooms for their traditional medicine, and Chinese culture is no exception.
- The Chinese have the longest history of mushroom collection and cultivation. Many Chinese species of mushroom have been cultivated in remote areas where humans don't often wander.